Monday, October 19, 2015

Reign: Empty and Vain

While exploring historical dramas on Netflix, I found "Reign" purely by accident. I had no knowledge of that TV show and just watched without high expectation for fun. However, I was completely hooked and infatuated with the adorable couple, Frary (the shipping name of Francis and Mary). It did not take much time to finish the first two seasons; one week for S1 and just two days for S2. Indeed, it was a binge watching, which rarely happens in my life. Since then, I have been waiting for the next season with a desperate hope for Frary reunion. After all the gloomy and dire mess-up in S2, I believed that they deserved happiness for awhile even if the King would be doomed to death sometime in the future.  

Now, I am learning that the King is dying at the start of S3--more unbearably, he will die SOON. All my hope and expectation ends up in a letdown. Frary seems to have been created just to be ruined. The Frary relationship reached highpoint at the moment of their wedding and honeymoon. Since this short culmination, however, they have been never allowed to progress toward further happiness. Their phenomenal epic love is to be over and I'm not sure whether I'm ready to face it. 

I feel empty. My waiting is in vain. 


    Frary Monogram from S2 E17
As this incomplete embroidery work suggests, my hope for Frary's eternal union is now becoming a hopeless daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment