Thursday, December 24, 2015

Wine from Loire Valley in France

I stop by a liquor shop to get fine wine for a Christmas party. I suddenly saw the name "Loire" on the glass surface of a wine bottle. I immediately recalled the beginning of Episode 13 of Reign Season 2, in which the name was mentioned by King Francis II; he suggests his Queen Mary a trip to Loire Valley for their new beginning. He says, "There is an enclave of the Loire Valley. The hills there have the lushest orchards and vineyards in the realm. The poet Marot calls it the Eden of France." Since then, I've remembered "Loire Valley" for its beautiful nature, gardens, and vineyards.

I couldn't but grab that wine, as I felt it was a serendipitous finding of Francis in an unexpected place. I am still in a state of depression over his passing, although I was well aware of his fate in real history. It is hard to accept the death of such a beloved character. While I still miss the King and Frary, the wine from Loire Valley brings me a little consolation.    






No comments:

Post a Comment